Half Steam Ahead!
That’s right, half steam… My results on the gym-less fat loss challenge have been what I’ve expected. I am continuing to lose weight every week and progress is coming along just fine. The problem is, I am not okay with “just fine” results… I know I can continue to get in shape quicker if I correct a few items.
Week In Review:
The week of August 19-26th, I slowly moved even more in the right direction. On the 19th I weighed in at 196.6 lbs (down -3lbs from the prior week).
I weighed in again on August 27th at 195.2lbs. I have lost -4.4lbs in two weeks which ends up being an average of 2.2 pounds per week. 1.5-3 pounds per week has been my overall goal since the beginning of this fat loss challenge.
Here is a side by side comparison from the beginning of the challenge, until August 27th…
It doesn’t look like a huge difference, but my overall measurements have progressed well also.
- Waistline measurement: -1.00″
- Abdomen measurement: -0.75″
- Body Fat estimation: From 18.4% down to 16.9% = -1.5%
- Weight lost: -4.4 lbs
I am currently frustrated with my level of motivation. It feels like work has been extra busy and there has been a ton of additional family functions happening. I haven’t really focused strongly on working out as I used to. I will be honest also, I miss the gym…
When I have to physically leave the house in order to go to the gym and work out, it makes the decision to commit, much easier. I have found that the hardest part about going to the gym, is actually deciding to go… Once you decide to go, the rest is easy.
I am using only kettlebells, family activities, and road cycling to perform this challenge. Lately, it seems like a struggle to walk out to the garage and get a quick workout in. Luckily my diet has been pretty good for the past week. (Until yesterday where I went to a family birthday and had sloppy joes, cake, and ice cream! I love sloppy joes and you probably know by now that ice cream is my kryptonite…)
- Performed two HIIT Kettlebell sessions last week.
- Took an 9 mile bike ride last week.
- Went for a hike through the sand dunes, to the beach with my wife and three daughters. I had an additional 30lbs on my back…
My diet has been fairly solid. Remember, I do believe in cheat meals, so I have one every week. Although, sometimes it turns into a cheat day…
- Performed Intermittent Fasting 5 days out of the week.
- Had either a grilled chicken/steak salad every time I went out with my distributors for a business lunch.
- Cooked at home often. (Steak and veggies one day, chicken and veggies another, and left overs here and there…)
- Went to my favorite mexican food joint after my daughter’s school open house.
- This is my mexican staple: Grilled chicken taco salad, no rice, no beans, double the veggies with guacamole!
- Increased Kettlebell workouts
- Minimum of 40 miles on the bike
- 1-2 sprint sessions each week
- New body weight exercises
Lastly, I will be changing my measurement and photo timing. I have been weighing in on Mondays of every week lately.
The problem with Monday is that I tend to still be holding some water weight from the weekend due to my timing of cheat meals on the weekend. I will be changing my progress photos and measurements to Friday mornings. I typically eat well throughout the week, so Friday will be a true measurement of my progress.
There will not be a week three update, I will update this again next Saturday, 9/7.
Hopefully the next update will be titled Full Steam Ahead!
How about you? How is your progress coming along? Let’s motivate each other! Leave a comment in the boxes below with your overall progress.
You can subscribe to new updates by entering your name and best email in the box directly below.
[ois skin=”Why Subscribe Page”]
Until next time… Stay fit, my friends!