Tri Set Bicep Workout for Explosive Growth!
Everyone loves the mirror muscles, some more than others… To me, training arms is something of a necessity and not my favorite way to workout. I like compound lifts… Squats, Dead Lifts, and Bench Press type of stuff.
I like to train arms quickly and complete exhaustion! Supersets and Tri Sets are my favorite for Arms.
Usually I train arms on days that I am short on time and slam through a quick bicep/tricep workout which always includes supersets and tri sets.
With that said, this is my favorite way to exhaust my biceps and shock them into explosive growth!
What is a Tri Set?
You perform a tri set by choosing a body part that you wish to train and picking three exercises for that body part. Once you choose the three exercises make sure to use around 60% of your max weight for the lift and make sure you can perform them consecutively.
Bicep Tri Set:
- Close grip standing preacher curls (8-12 reps)
- Medium grip standing preacher curls (8-12 reps)
- Wide grip standing preacher curls (8-12 reps)
The above bullets are considered (1) bicep tri set. Perform these three consecutively, take a 120 sec rest, and then perform another bicep tri set. Continue this until you have completed four total rounds of tri sets.
You’re done with your first tri set bicep workout! The third and fourth rounds tend to get sketchy. It’s ok to use a little cheat motion on your later rounds.
Just when you thought you were done…
Give this a try as a finishing workout:
Incline Bench Flared Dumbbell Curls
- Set your incline bench to your typical angle that you would perform incline bench press.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells in the weight of your choosing.
- Lay back on the bench.
- You should position the dumbbells so they are not pointed out directly in front of you, but at a slight angle (flared) away from your body. You will feel like you are starting the curl away from your body and curling towards your body.
- Approximately 45* or so away from your body…
- Perform 4 sets of 10-12 reps each.
There you have it! Explosive bicep growth in less than 30 minutes!
Let me know what you thought of this workout after you try it!
Don’t forget to check out my 12 week muscle gain program! It’s on sale right now for a limited time!
Until next time…
Stay fit, my friends!